Forums 501st French Garrison
Bonjour From the Redback Garrison. - Version imprimable

+- Forums 501st French Garrison (https://www.501stfrenchgarrison.com/forum)
+-- Forum : Zone de débarquement (https://www.501stfrenchgarrison.com/forum/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum : International Area (https://www.501stfrenchgarrison.com/forum/forum-15.html)
+--- Sujet : Bonjour From the Redback Garrison. (/thread-700.html)

Pages : 1 2

Bonjour From the Redback Garrison. - Deltorn - 05-01-2012

Bonjour everyone,

Tk5245 Deltorn reporting in from the redback garrison in Queensland, Australia.
This is a late introduction for myself, Ive been in France for a few days now, Ive been staying in montpellier and am here until the 7th of january. then I will be coming up to Paris until I leave on the 10th of January. A very short trip I know.

I Thought it would be good fun to catch up with some French Garrison "Mates" for dinner or a coffee or anything that you can suggest. For anyone Near Montpellier I have Friday free, otherwise we have no set plans for when we are in paris, so I am free anytime to meet up.

I hope someone has some time to meet up or even act as a tour guide for a lost Australian.

Merci
Mickeal

- stevechewbacca - 05-01-2012

Hi Mickeal !

It would be nice to meet you when you'll be in Paris.
I don't know if I could meet you this week end but may be we can have dinner on monday ?

I'll let you know if I'll have some free time this week end and perhaps some other French troopers will be there too Wink

Cheers !

Steve

- daennika - 05-01-2012

Hey Mickael! I hope you're enjoying our country so far Big Grin

It would indeed be cool to set a meet up date although I won't be available until Sunday, I'm sure there will be a couple of troopers in/near Paris before then.

Enjoy your stay!

- Deltorn - 05-01-2012

Thanks for the reponses everyone,

We should arrive in Paris on saturday in the evening but I would love to catch up for dinner on the sunday night. I am also free Monday so that should be good.
I believe we fly out from paris around lunchtime on tuesday so a morning catch up may be difficult then.

I look forward to meeting you all.

- Deltorn - 06-01-2012

Hello again,
I have been kindly offered a day out on the sunday but I would still love to catch up with you on Monday for Dinner Steve, and also on Sunday with you Daenika. Myself and my companion will be staying in Mont Parnasse near the big cemetary. If you know of anywhere nearby or easy to get to with the trains, let me know.
Otherwise we would be happy to travel a bit to find a good place.

- stevechewbacca - 06-01-2012

Hi !

We try to be a little group to see you on Sunday evening and Monday.
We'll let you know asap Wink

Can't wait to meet trooper from a country "far, far away" Wink

- Romeo Knight - 07-01-2012

Hey Mick, what is the address at Montparnasse?

I'm opened for monday evening, but could try for sunday, but I have already planned something until 8pm.

- Deltorn - 07-01-2012

Sounds great to me,
I will be staying at the Istria Montparnasse hotel at 29 rue Campagne Premiere, Tour Montpanasse.

- Deltorn - 07-01-2012

Ok we have now arrived In Paris. Lovely city from what I have seen so far. We should be going out for dinner at about 7-8 tonight but other than that we should be in our room if anyone wants to ring to confirm things for sunday/ monday. The hotel number is (+33) 01 43 20 91 82 and we are in room 3.

Cheers>

- stevechewbacca - 07-01-2012

Hi !
I found this restaurant next to your hotel : "Les fondus de la Raclette".
It's French Cheese and/or meat food.

Let me know if it's ok for you, I also wait for response from my fellows Wink
How many are you ? I think wee need to reserve a place in the restaurant for dinner before 12am.

Cheers !

- Deltorn - 07-01-2012

That sounds gret to me, I havent stopped eating fromage since i got into france. The cheese we get in Australia is very bland comared to what there is here.
Also there is 2 of us, my self and my companion. She's a big fan of the cheese as well so this suits us perfectly Big Grin
So how many others can make it and about what time would be good for everyone to meet?

- stevechewbacca - 07-01-2012

Hey ! Glad to know that !
I think we can meet you at 7:30pm at your hotel. And I'll make the reservation at the restaurant for 8pm.

What do you think of it ?

Well, for the moment, we are at least 2/3 troopers and may be my girl friend.

- Deltorn - 08-01-2012

This sounds good for us. We will be ready for 7:30. I'll be sure to wear my redback garrison shirt, so just look for the short guy with a spider on the back.

- stevechewbacca - 08-01-2012

Ok,
So, we will be 5 to go to the restaurant tonight Smile

I'll meet you at 7:30 at your hotel, then we meet another trooper at the restaurant at about 7:45.
I reserved a table for 8:00 Wink

See ya ! (I'll wear my 501st dog tag ^^)

- Deltorn - 09-01-2012

Thanks for dinner last night guys. It was great to meet you. We are up for dinner again tonight a you suggested for those that couldn't make it last night. We will be ready for 7pm.